Can Branding Toothpaste Be Fun?
I was brought in when Coral White Nano Toothpaste wanted to update its current senior-focused Amazon brand to test two new lines of family-friendly dental products.
I worked with a very talented videographer and a very talented media buyer on this project. I managed the brand and did much of the design, story direction, coding, and copywriting.
Our Strategy: We refocused on the science behind the ingredients/new dental technology and their incredible natural flavors. We brought the audience into our funnel from social media. We educated them using quick videos of ingredients, how-to, and testimonials. We then infused dad jokes and engaging quizzes into the mix.
What We Delivered:
- Updated entire Amazon store both design and content including How-To videos
- 2 full brands with 14 products (including packaging) and complete websites
- Produced product photography, how-to videos, and graphics for the site/emails
- Launched Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, and Google ads with analytics built out
- Email newsletters and sequences for sales and product introduction
- Third-party direct response landing page for Google
Technology We Used:
- Amazon including Amazon ads & Amazon page builder
- YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat & Google Ads
What We Learned:
- We discovered category-specific keywords in Amazon make all the difference in both organic & targeted ad spend within Amazon. We consistently worked our targeting & creative until we were able to increase monthly sales within Amazon by 38% in just 6-months!
- We also learned humor helps increase social engagement by almost 300%.
- We learned (well already knew but reconfirmed) a healthy email list is key (with a 76% abandoned cart open rate and a 32% overall open rate) to not only communicate with but INCREASE RETENTION 42%!
Finally, we learned cinnamon-flavored toothpaste is ABSOLUTELY DELISH! Seriously, if you haven’t, try it.
Here’s the packaging design and copy I did:
Here are some emails we ran introducing the new line of foaming toothpaste.
Here’s some of our successful social content:
See more branding content I’ve done here.